Welcome to the Solomon Islands official news portal. The Solomon Islands is the third largest archipelago in the South Pacific.
The country's capital, Honiara, is situated on the north-west coast on the island of Guadalcanal.
- Our climate is tropical, with average daytime temperatures around 29 degrees and high humidity.
- There are 87 indigenous languages including Melanesian Pidgin English which is used predominantly.
- English is used and understood throughout the Solomon Islands.
- The standard unit of currency is the Solomon Islands Dollar.
- One Australian dollar will buy approximately three Solomon Island dollars.
Next Holiday come to the Solomon Islands. Tropical Islands, palm fringed beaches, world class diving sites and fishing to die for.
Stay in a village on the Weathercoast, trek & bike in Guadalcanal, kayak in Western Province, surf in Kakira, explore the Arnavon Islands and South Choiseul and much more.