Supervising Director Fire and Rescue Services Department, Inspector Fredy Pelebo says, “Based on the information gathered by our officers investigators who attended the scene, it was clear that the fire could have been caused by either an electrical equipment fault or faulty cooking stoves in the kitchen room.”
Inspector Pelebo says, “It took the fire crew about three hours to battle and contain the fire from spreading to the nearby buildings. I would like to thank my officers for their bravery and ensuring the fire did not spread to other buildings.”
“I want to remind members of the public to keep well away from the scene of any fire as anything could happen including an explosion while the fire is burning. There may be also chemicals inside the burning building. This is especially true when a fire breaks out at any industrial building,” Inspector Pelebo emphasises.
- Police Media