CSSI commissioner Manelusi formally announced the promotions, which he said were approved by the Police & Prison Services Commission (PPSC).
- Joseph Watawa is promoted to the rank of Superintendent – Director Correctional Service Training Centre (CSTC)
- Julie Mabulou is promoted to the rank of Superintendent – Staff Officer to Commissioner
- David Niui is promoted to the rank of Inspector- Overall In Charge, Emergency Response Group (ERG).
- Thomson Pada is promoted to the rank of Inspector – Executive Officer to Commissioner
- Mark Seiroa is promoted to the rank of Inspector-Farm Manager Tetere Correctional Centre (TCC)
- Richard Tufa is promoted to the rank of Inspector – Rove Central Correctional Centre (RCCC)
- James Rangi is promoted to the rank of Inspector – Deputy Commandant Kirakira Correctional Centre (KCC)
- Alick Parafea is promoted to the rank of Inspector – Deputy Director, Professional Standard Unit (PSU).
Manelusi congratulated these officers on their well-deserved promotions and welcome them to the Senior Executive/Management Team of the CSSI.
“I look forward to your leadership contributions for the organisation’s future and your current role will be assessed for the next 6 months,” he told the officers.
“I wish to thank all candidates who applied for promotion to these ranks, in what was a very strong and competitive field. I thank candidates for your commitment to leadership in the CSSI”
Manelusi encourages all officers to take this advice:
“No discourage, the time will come for you, do continue stick with Jesus in your commitment and official capacity and the result will come for you to harvest in the future.
“God knows the time and the hour for each of us.
“It is not the end of time; the time will come for each of us to account to our calling.
“So keep maintaining the good work and the relationship we’ve established”.