A former member of parliament (MP) and one of the country’s long serving public servant the late Daniel Enele Kwanairara has died over the weekend.
Reports said he passed away in Kilu'ufi hospital, Auki, Malaita province on Saturday after a long illness.
Late Kwanairara, 65, hails from Darawarau’u village, north Malaita. He was elected to the National
Parliament of Solomon Islands for North Malaita Constituency in 6 August 1997 to 2001. He was re-elected
in December 2004 (bye-election) and 5 April 2006.
He was the Leader of the Independent Members of Parliament from May 2006 to 13 December 2007.
• Minister for Agriculture & Livestock from April 2005 to April 2006.
• Minister for Justice and Legal Affairs from 1991 to 1993.
• Minister of Commerce from 1989 to 1990.
• Diploma in forestry.
• Other management training.
Occupation before entering Parliament
• Forestry department.
• Solomon Islands teaching Service
|< Prev||Next >|