Outgoing Member of Parliament (MP) of North Guadalcanal Constituency (NGC) has officially launched his 2014-2018 Constituency Development Plan on Sunday.
Martin Sopage did the launchig at his village at Parasisi.
Several hundreds of people within the constituency witnessed the official launching.
The overall aim of this development plan is to;
· To alleviate poverty and enhance greater opportunities to improve the lives of constituents in a peaceful and stable environments;
· To provide support to the vulnerable, including elderly and disabled people;
· To enhance the ability of constituency to capitalise on economic opportunities;
· To ensure that all people of the constituency have access to quality health care;
· To ensure that all of the constituency have access to quality education;
· To improve public infrastructure to ensure easy access to essentials services and markets;
· To strengthen community governance and link with the constituency ,province and the national government.
Speaking during the official launching Ray Hesao, former Community Development Officer said the development plan is the road map of the constituency.
“This development plan was approved by the government and would be the road map of our constituency for another 4 years.
“This development plan is like our Bible, where all the development plan for the constituency has been recorded down in this book, where the constituency will be able to follow to access supports from the constituency office once we are re-elected into the power next week,” Mr Hesao said.
Mr Hesao also urged voters in the constituency to read and understand the constituency development plan 2014 to 2018.
By DENVER NEWTER