It commenced on Monday at the Maranatha Hall, Lunga, East Honiara.
The ministers’ meeting was to develop a plan for the Mission Strategic Plan for 2021-2025 (quinquennium )
Solomon Islands Mission (SIM) of the SDA Church is facilitating training for the church workers throughout the country who will serve the church for the next five years.
Pr. Robson Diosi told the paper that the closing of the meeting was held Saturday night with a certificate presentation.
Some subjects covered during the weeklong meeting were:
• To rekindle the Mission and Vision of the church in all ministers;
• To encourage Revival and Reformation in our lives;
• To encourage involvement in Total member involvement and in July Pentecostal Harvest
• To train and resource our ministers;
• Ministers’ Health Assessment;
• To remind Ministers of their Work ethics, integrity, and accountability;
• To empower and encourage Women Minister; and
• To share and develop Our Mission Strategic Plan for 2021-2025.
Following the meeting, the pastors, ministers, and workers would have learned the eight subjects or goals mentioned above, he said.
SIM President Dr. Silent Tovosi reiterated the meeting was to allow all the church workers to come together, plan, share their vision, and prepare together to harvest soul using “Harvest Mode” of Farming Cycle Mark 4:3-32.
“This means minister will have been trained to go back to local churches to engage local church members to use their God-given gifts and abilities to serve, love, and care for others,” he said.
Most of the participants returned to their respective places of work as of Sunday.
By LACHLAN EDDIE