NO CONFIRMED CASES - Solomon Star News

NO CONFIRMED CASES
Featured

06 February 2020
Author 
PS Pauline Boseto McNeil.


But investigations underway on suspected cases

By IAN M.KAUKUI

THE Ministry of Health and Medical Services says there are no confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Solomon Islands at the moment.

Permanent Secretary Pauline McNeil confirmed this to local reporters during a press conference, Wednesday.

But she said investigation is ongoing following the cluster of suspected cases on board a vessel coming in from China which ended up at Rennell Island.

“There is no confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Solomon Islands at the moment but we are investigating the cluster of suspected cases on board a vessel coming in from China,” she said.

She said there was a recent mission the ministry took to Rennell Island and the result of the mission will be mentioned at a later stage.

Ms McNeil said currently the vessel and its crews are under quarantine outside of Rennell Island.

She added the ministry with its partners are also taking strong measures with regards to the entry points and so far no cases have been recorded.

“Our restriction is still that our travellers from outside, our citizens, government officials particularly members of Parliament are restricted to their travelling plan to China or at least defers those plan until further notice,” she said.

Via China transiting is also restricted as per the immigration travel advisory on the 3rd of February 2020, he said.

 At the airport, some of the measures that we have put in place is all travellers to make sure that they complete the travel at the travel public health declaration pad and our health team is also undertaking temperature screening to monitor at least possible suspected cases.

Right now, with the screening, there has not been any cases been captured during screening period.

 

1570 Views
Editor