A COMMITTEE has been established to discuss and look at options to relocate the current provincial assembly house.
The first meeting was held on Wednesday.
The seven committee members are;
• George S Lilo .MPA (south Rendova Ward) Chairperson
• Richard Tekifono (Speaker to the Assembly) Deputy Chairperson
• Wayne Maepioh ,MPA(Ngatokae Ward)Member
• Ramrakha A Talasasa ,Jnr ,MPA (Nusa Roviana )Member
• Joseph Qorae ,MPA (Otter Shortland Ward)
• Hendrick Pana (Consultant Architect)
• Gideon Tuke (Clerk to Assembly) Secretary.
The meeting started off last week with discussion followed by site visits to the three locations within Gizo.
Following the visit, the committee will decide where the provincial assembly house will be relocated.
On Wednesday the members visited T Cland ,Jah Mountain and Million Dollar View.
These are sites on Gizo.
Clerk to Provincial Assembly Mr Tuke said the committee finally completed its first meeting and will submit its meeting outcomes to the provincial executive in June.
“The committee is expected to submit its phase one report from this meeting to the provincial assembly meeting in June during the mid –term review, together with its budget for this financial year,” Mr Tuke said.
The committee will also conduct community awareness to the communities that resides close to the earmarked land.
Mr Tuke thanked the DCC government for its assurance to support the proposed assembly house project relocation.
By DENVER NEWTER