CONFIRMATION on the type of a committal hearing to be conducted into a murder case at Kolombangara, Western Province, last year will be made soon in court.
This was after the long form preliminary inquiry set for yesterday did not take place.
The court heard the reason for this was that some of the accused did not receive the disclosures.
Three lawyers from the Public Solicitor’s office are representing the three accused, Henly Kabolo, Reuben Kabolo, and Tana Kabolo.
As a result, Principal Magistrate Sheppard Lapo adjourned their case to June 26.
This is to enable disclosures to be served to the accuseds’ lawyers and for the lawyers to obtain instructions from their clients before they will confirm the type of committal hearing.
The three accused are facing murder charges in relation to the alleged killing of their close relative on November 24, last year, at Kalibae settlement in Kuzi village.
The allegations were over an argument between the deceased and his wife which led to the accused chasing the deceased and allegedly attacking him.
It was alleged that the deceased who was drunk came home and accused his wife of having an extra-marital affair with another man.
Prosecution alleged that the wife then went and told her father-in-law about the argument in which the father-in-law approached his son.
It was further alleged that the son told his father he leave and was walking away when the three accused attacked him.
They allegedly hit, kicked and then when he was on the ground they jumped on him resulting in him receiving injuries on his body plus broken ribs.
He died later at the Gizo Hospital.
Lawyers from the PSO, Henry Kausimae, Sarah Karani, and Michael Holara represent the accused while Crown Prosecutor Willy Vaiyu appeared for the state.
By ASSUMPTA BUCHANAN