The Anglican Diocese of Malaita on Monday launched its first quarterly newsletter in Auki for its Anglican members and the public.
The newsletter is called ‘Diocese of Malaita Quarterly Newsletter’.
Diocesan Mission Secretary Lesly Filomea said, the purpose of the newsletter is to encourage the members, to be informed about the activities, programs and the latest developments which are carried out by the diocesan head office, regions, parishes and the Anglican communities in the diocese.
“In this newsletter, the Anglican members of the diocese will also be informed of the current important programs and activities.
“It also helps the members of the diocese to aware of the progress of the diocese to be aware of the progress of the diocese with regards to the six(6) priority areas of the DOM vision 2020 which the diocese wish to accomplish by the year 2020.”
The six (6) priority areas of the diocese are as follows.
1. Making disciples for Christ and his church in Malaita and Solomon Islands;
2. Making leaders for the church and the rest of Malaita society;
3. Making money for the family and the community development and mission at home and abroad;
4. Developing housing infrastructure needed for the administration and mission centre of the diocese;
5. Improving and strengthening Education and trainings
6. Improving and strengthening medical and health care services in the diocese.
Mr Filomea thanked all those who made the newsletter possible.
The next issue will be released at the end of June.
By GEORGE MANFORD