THE case of the three recaptured prison escapees has been adjourned to March 16 for confirmation of their legal representations and possible pleas.
Frank Firimolea, Dilo Faiga and Willie Olo appeared in the Honiara Magistrates’ Court on Monday and were further remanded in custody.
Public Prosecutor Jonathan Auga said they have received documents from the police’s intelligence unit and would need time to carefully assess disclosures first.
He also said they are still waiting for the brief on Firimolea and Faiga.
Asked by the magistrate if they had already sent request to the Public Solicitor’s Office Olo said yes while Firimolea and Faiga said they had not yet sent theirs.
Firimolea said Public Solicitor’s lawyer Rodney Manebosa is representing him his other matters but for this new charge he is yet to send a request.
Public Solicitor’s lawyer Lazarus Waroka who was in court yesterday said he represents Faiga in his previous case and can also act for him for this new matter.
He said he will confirm Olo’s legal representation and also enquire about the status of Firimolea as to whether Manebosa will continue to represent him in this new mater.
Principal Magistrate Felix Hollison having heard from both counsels adjourned the matter for possible pleas and confirmation of the legal representations.
The trio escaped from the Correctional facility at Rove, Honiara on 15 December 2019.
Soon after their escape police set up a taskforce called “Operation Hunt-Man” to hunt them down.
Convicted prisoner Willie Olo was the first to be recaptured in the early hours of January 17 at the LDA area at Betikama, East of Honiara.
Firimolea and Faiga were recaptured on February 15 in a RAV4 vehicle along the Burns Creek main road.
By ASSUMPTA BUCHANAN