A MAN accused of threatening a Solomon Water officer who went to disconnect his water metre last October in West Honiara will appear again in court on March 7.
This is for the setting of the trial dates to hear evidences.
Walter Natei, 55, is facing one count of intimidation, of which, he already pleaded not guilty to at a previous court appearance.
His matter was mentioned in the Honiara Magistrate’s Court yesterday, where it was heard the prosecution had already prepared the pre-trial conference documents.
However, it was heard Natei was yet to be allocated a lawyer by the Public Solicitors Office.
On 21 February 2022 at about 10am, the Solomon Water officer and his two colleagues went to Rock Valley in West Honiara.
They went there purposely to disconnect Natei’s water metre.
Natei and his son allegedly told the victim and his colleagues that they had already paid $50.
However, when the victim called the Solomon Water Office to verify the payment, he was told there was no payment done.
Natei, who had in his possession at that time a knife, then threatened the victim that he will cut him in half if he disconnected his water.
Fortunately, Natei’s son intervened and restrained him.
The matter was later reported to Police, resulting in Natei’s arrest.
During his Recorded Interview with the Police, Natei denied intimidating the Solomon Water officers, adding that he only told them to leave his premisses.
He claimed it was his son who threatened the alleged victim.
BY ASSUMPTA BUCHANAN
Solomon Star, Honiara