THE Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development (MEHRD) Learning Continuity Program will commence Monday next week.
MEHRD Permanent Secretary (PS), Dr. Franco Rodie confirmed this during a press conference the Oversight Committee had with the media, Thursday.
“I am happy to tell you as of Monday next week, we will commence our learning continuity program.
“We will broadcast some lessons that were prepared last year. As well as repeat those ones we broadcasted in 2020,” Dr Rodie said.
He also revealed that a survey conducted on the idea for lessons to be broadcasted for students in all corners of the country was very poor.
“When you broadcast the lessons, some students in North Vella La Vella, Choiseul or even South Malaita are unable to hear it. Because all they hear is the buzzing sound coming from their radio,” Dr Rodie said.
He said with online platform majority of students do not have laptops or gadgets.
“Also we have poor connectivity problem. And if there is no tower with 4G network students will not access this,” Dr Rodie said.
However, he said despite these challenges the ministry will continue with the learning continuity program on SIBC next week.
By ESTHER NURIA