Reproductive health coordinators, teachers, Non-government organisation reps, and provincial disaster coordinators concluded their five-day training on Saturday.
The training on Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP) was held at the Star Events conference room in Honiara.
It was facilitated by Ministry of Health’s Reproductive Division, in collaboration with United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA), and Solomon Islands Planned Parenthood Association (SIPPA).
The training was held to assist participants increase the knowledge in humanitarian assistance in times of crisis and disasters.
They also looked at reproductive health issues in relation to disasters.
* Ensure health cluster/sector identifies agency to lead implementation of MISP
* Prevent sexual violence and assist survivors
* Reduce transmission of HIV
* Prevent excess maternal, neonatal, mortality and morbidity
* Plan for comprehensive RH services, integrated into primary health care
During their daily sessions participants worked in groups and do presentations.