The recent partnership deal between Bmobile and Vodafone is expected to revolutionize the country’s telecommunication industry.
Bmobile/Vodafone Solomon Islands chief executive officer (CEO) Niall Downey said companies intend improve communications in this country into next level.
He said since Bmobile and Vodafone sealed the partnership early this year Bmobile has ten impacts as a result of the partnership. These are;
1. Access to the largest global telecommunication company in the world;
2. Best practices of Vodafone implemented in the Solomons;
3. Bmobile staff to work overseas in other Vodafone operations such as Australia and New Zealand. Technical staff has already gone overseas for future planning;
4. Connection to the global roaming of Vodafone, 450 million subscribers worldwide;
5. Access to their purchasing power including 50% better value smartphones, helping Solomon Islanders migrate from voice to data users;
6. Access to vast knowledge and experience as Vodafone have rolled out similar projects in developing world countries;
7. Vodafone designed promotions and packages;
8. Further roll-out plans for 2014 in provinces;
9. Access to technical staff in Vodafone head office and training manuals;
10. Bringing the data revolution to Solomons Islands through the latest innovative technology which has been rolled out in other countries such as disaster relief networks. This will also now enable Bmobile to roll-out E-commerce;
Meanwhile the CEO said since the partnership was struck it had made changes and improvements to the company and its service delivery.
He also acknowledged Solomon Island government for its recognition to the partnership.
By DENVER NEWTER