POLICE officers across the country are actively on duty for the duration of operation Christmas and New Year 2019.
Assistant Commissioner (AC) for Provincial Police Joseph Manelugu says about 280 officers across the provinces are involved in the operation.”
“The officers will be involve in various duties like implementing the Family Protection Act, Crime Prevention Strategy, traffic duties, sea safety measures, community visibility, breach of liquor license conditions and without license and illegal drug surveillance,” says AC Manelugu.
“I appeal to members of communities in the provinces to work together with my officers to ensure our people celebrate the festivity with peace and harmony, and to ensure anyone who want to take advantage of the occasions to do any unlawful acts are brought to face justice,” he added.
“People are encouraged to report to your police any suspicious unlawful acts, or breach of the peace. The provincial police contact phone numbers as follows that you can report any crime to:
· Lata-Temotu Province- 53184/53023;
· Kirakira-Makira-Ulawa Province- 50299/50276;
· Auki-Malaita Province- 40132/40710;
· Tulagi-Cetral Province- 32999/32099;
· Buala-Isabel Province- 35266/35299;
· Gizo-Western Province- 60999/60966;
· Taro-Choiseul Province- 63199/63167;
· Tigoa-RenBel Province- 7393943/7468620; or
· Honiara Police Communication Centre-23666/999.