PRE-TRIAL hearings are continuing to be conducted into the election petition cases against Members of Parliament (MP) in the High Court.
The total number of the petitions related to the recent National General Elections (NGE) in April currently before the High Court is 26.
Twenty-five cases are in pre-trial hearings and direction hearings stages while one is awaiting judgment.
The petition against the MP for Temotu Vatud, Freda Tuki is awaiting judgment.
This was after the court heard arguments heard arguments from counsels on a point of law regarding the Electoral Act.
No date has been fixed as of yet for the judgment day.
The 25 cases still in the pre-trial hearing stages are against:
1. MP for East Honiara, Douglas Ete,
2. MP for West Kwaio, Titus Mokofi Fika,
3. MP for Ngella, Bartholomew Parapolo,
4. MP for Central Guadalcanal, Bradley Tovosia,
5. MP for West Makira, Derrick Manuari,
6. MP for West Honiara, Namson Tran,
7. MP for West Kwara’ae, Sam Iduri,
8. MP for Central Honiara, Moffat Fugui,
9. MP for Central Guadalcanal, Peter Shanel Agovaka,
10. MP for South New Georgia, Danny Philip,
11. MP for West New Georgia, Silas Vaqara Tausinga,
12. MP for Gizo/Kolombangara, Lanelle Tanangada,
13. MP for Savo/Russell, Dickson Mua,
14. MP for East Kwaio, Festus Stanley Sofu,
15. MP for West Areare, John Maneniaru,
16. MP for East Malaita, Manasseh Maelanga,
17. MP for Central Kwara’ae, Jackson Fiulaua,
18. MP for Lau/Mbaelelea, Augustine Auga,
19. MP for South Vella La Vella, Fredrick Kologeto,
20. MP for South Choiseul Robertson Galokale,
21. MP for East Areare, Peter Kenilorea Jnr,
22. MP for North Malaita, Levi Senley Filualea,
23. MP for West Guadalcanal, Anthony Veke,
24. MP for Northeast Guadalcanal, Jamie Vokia,
25. MP for Fataleka, Rexford Ramofafia.
The high court is trying to deal with these cases within the time-frame of 12 months from when the petitions were filed.
By ASSUMPTA BUCHANAN