The 2015 Solomon Islands Football Federation (SIFF) congress is now set for the end of the month.
In a statement on Tuesday SIFF had informed it members, stakeholder, partners and the public that the 2015 SIFF congress will take place on Saturday 28th March.
This congress will also mark the election of a new executive committee of SIFF under the new Statutes adopted by the SIFF congress held on 12th December, 2014.
The Statutes dictate the new SIFF executive committee shall comprise of a president, a vice president and three ordinary members one of whom must be a woman.
Under the revised Statutes nominations for positions in the SIFF executive committee are open to members of the public, however, the nominations can only be made by a member body of SIFF.
As per provisions in the SIFF Statutes, the electoral process shall be managed by the SIFF Electoral Committee operating under the terms of the SIFF Electoral Code.
The SIFF Electoral Committee has received and reviewed all the nominations for the position of president and other members of the SIFF executive committee by the deadline of Thursday 12th March, 2015.
A mandatory two day period for appeal against any of the nominations was observed without any challenge to the nominations. Therefore, SIFF hereby by publishes the finalised list of candidates for the upcoming elections as stipulated by the electoral process.
1. Nominations for position of President:
1) Barnabas Anga
2) Willie Lai (Honiara Football Association)
1) Eddie Omokirio (Malaita Football Association)
2) Reginald Douglas (Western United Football Club)
3) Victor Tekobi (Rennell Bellona Football Association)
3. Nominations for ordinary members:
1) Patrick Miniti (Marist Football Club)
2) Zoe Miniti (Marist Football Club)
3) Lyndon Bako (Isabel Football Association)
4) Angeline Vave
5) Tommy Mana (Makira Ulawa Football Association)
6) Chris Tabea (Guadalcanal Football Association)
7) John W. Zinga (Lauru Football Association)
8) Diane Justus
9) Flory Gatu
10) Adrian S Gina
11) Victor Tekobi
12) Maria Rarawa