THREE students from Auki Primary School (APS) were taken for medical checks at the Kilu’ufi hospital after suffering from food poisoning after eating food sold at the school this week.
Information reaching Solomon Star Auki claimed that the students experienced headaches, red-eye, and itchy mouth after eating fish cakes sold by a particular food vendor at the school.
“Out of many students who consumed the fish cake, three were rushed to Kilu’ufi hospital
“They since then received medical treatment and later released in the afternoon,” the report said.
When contacted, APS Head Teacher Raphael Angi confirmed the incident.
“The news comes as a shock to the teaching staff and the students,” he said.
Mr Angi further added that this is a lesson learned for the school students, teaching staff and vendors at the school.
“We will now go tough on food vendors at the school.
“They must ensure they sell better and quality food for the students,” he stated.
Meanwhile, few parents told this paper that the incident comes as a surprise to them and hopes the school administration will take the issue seriously.
According to the staff and students of the school, this incident is the first to have happened at the school.
By WILSON SAENI