TWO permanent secretaries (PS) were sworn-in on Thursday at the Government House by Governor General Sir Frank Kabui.
The two permanent secretaries are Nego Sisiolo who was reappointed as the PS for the Ministry of Public Service and McKinnie Dentana as the new PS for the Ministry of Finance and Treasury. He replaces Harry Kuma who recently resigned.
Mr Dentana who has been working for the Ministry for a number of years has been the under secretary for the Ministry before taking up his new post.
The swearing-in ceremony was witnessed by family members and friends yesterday morning at 9am.
The ceremony saw the two gentlemen took their oath of allegiance and duty before Sir Frank Kabui, who later congratulated both of them in their appointment to serve the Government.
Both permanent secretaries were appointed after going through intense screening and interview process over the past weeks.
Mr Sisiolo told Solomon Star after the ceremony that he was humbled with his reappointment and acknowledged God for the strength and wisdom to serve in the public service.
He also thank the Minister for Public Service, the Prime Minister and the Public Service Commission for the trust and confidence in me to manage and administer the affairs of public officers through the Ministry of Public Service.
Mr Dentana following his appointment and promotion to the top post said it’s an honour to be appointed to this highest public office in the country, especially as the Permanent Secretary in this the Ministry of Finance and Treasury.
He said looking a head his role in the Ministry will be challenging. “I think my tasks ahead will not be easy and smooth.”
Following the swearing-in ceremony yesterday their appointment comes into immediate effect.
Last week Dr Chris Vehe was appointed as the new PS for Mines and Energy.
Its understood a number of appointments related to permanent secretary posts will be made soon.
Both Permanent Secretaries IQ notes vast experience in their respective fields.
Mr Dentana’s Education Background:
– Graduated with Bachelor of Arts, Economics from the University of the South Pacific (USP), 1998
– Graduate Certificate Senior Executive Studies, Australia and New Zealand School of Governance, 2008
– Post Graduate Certificate, in Business Administration and Finance, USP, 2018.
– Development Bank of Solomon Islands, Analyst, 1999-2005
– Senior Policy Analyst, Economic Reform Unit, Ministry of Finance and Treasury, 2006-2008
– Director Economic Reform Unit, Ministry of Finance and Treasury, 2008-2010
– Advisor to the Executive Director, the World Bank Group Head Quarter, Washington DC, USA, 2011 – 2013.
– Under Secretary, Economics, Ministry of Finance and Treasury, 2014-2018.
Mr Sisiolo’s Education Background:
– BA (Management & Public Administration) USP, 2003
– Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration, Massey University, New Zealand, 2009.
– Master in Management (HRM), Massey University, New Zealand, 2010.
– Lecturer in Management- Former Solomon Islands College of High Education (SICHE), 2004-2005,
– Assistant Secretary (Regulations & Industrial Relations) Ministry of Public Service, 2006-2010.
– Undersecretary, Human Resource Management, MPS, 2011-2013
– Local Technician Advisor Ministry of Human Resource Development (Human Resource Management & Development), 2011.
– Pacific Leadership Program country representative, 2013
– URS Australia Pty Ltd Human Resource Governance advisor, 2014
– Permanent Secretary (MPS), 2014-2018.
The duo sincerely thanked the ruling government and Office of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (OMPC) for their trust and confident in appointment to take the management helm.
These two PS will be champions and vanguard of government policies and programs aimed at making life better for the populace.