Dear Editor – With reference to the article written by Mr. Jackson Rahemae, Solomon Star, 11th August article No-6669, in the pretext that he is the head chief of the Pomwaimwei Tribe in Small Malaita.
First and foremost I would like to acknowledge Mr.Rahemae for his bold, courage and unsubstantial issues that he tries to cover up in his article in the pretext of climate change.
Your agenda of the signed MOU to resort the bloodshed by the people of Walande to your people is totally misleading and as the matter of covering up.
Your article is baseless and sounds as some one that has no respect to the people of Walande and Fanalei.
Secondly, your claim as chief of Pomwaimwei does not recognized to date because currently you own nothing as far as land of Pomwaimwei is concern, because your forefathers have given all the land that has own by the Pomwaimwei Tribe.
Wish you get your facts right and understand your history if it’s rightly passed down from your ancestors and great great grannies. Or else you are artisting the issue to give you the real problem your ancestors avoided in the past.
In fact your statement pertaining to the MOU with those disputing parties is only for themselves but not to every tribes of Walande.
We are totally innocent of your misleading article as well. Even your MOU is nothing to do with bloodshed but to allow the logging company to load the logs without disturbance in our harbour.
There are few things you published in your article:
- MOU was signed between disputing parties to resolve bloodshed;
- $40,000 was given by the landowners to the people of Walande as a matter of compensation;
- History that five of your tribes’ men were murdered by the people of Walande;
- People of Walande has “No Care Attitude”;
- Walande people MUST not again involve in any land issues with Small Malaita People;
- Walande and Fanalei were the artificial islands built and settled by people migrated from the northern region of Malaita;
- Walande people must relocate to somewhere BUT not in the Southern region of Malaita Province.
Mr.Rahemae we want you answer these questions?
- MOU is signed with who and what specifications are contain;
- $40,000 is a compensation for killing your five tribes men, is it logic?;
- Is Pomwaimwei Tribe gave this $40,000 or the logging company?;
- Which disputed parties?;
- Five tribes men were killed, on what century, and which tribe responsible? You are covering the people of Walande, please get you facts right;
- You have address the people of Walande “No Care Attitude” you don’t have respect to the elders and people of Walande. You owe the people of Walande apology.
Mr.Rahemae, this article is a kindly reminder in response to your article. We will come back to you and will do face to face confrontation to solve these issues or differences that you have between the people of Walande.
Jackson Rahemae. My friend you don’t have to be smart, we simply ask you to say apology to the people of Walande and Fanalei.
Your article does not reflect you as the leader or chief of Pomwaimwei Tribe as mentioned.
For your information that Walande nor Fanalei will not relocate as you wish, we will face in the court of law to satisfy your ego.
Walande, Small Malaita