One of the three men accused of the murder of a man at Kolobangara in Western Province has been committed on Friday to stand trial in the High Court.
This followed a short form preliminary inquiry conducted on the case of accused Henry Kabolo in the Honiara Magistrate Court.
His co-accused Reuben Kabolo and Tana Kabolo however have opted for a long form preliminary inquiry that will require a short hearing of evidences.
This will be done next Monday before Principal Magistrate Jim Seuika.
The three accused are facing murder charges in relation to the alleged murder of their close relative on November 24, last year, at Kalibae settlement in Kuzi village, Kolobangara.
The allegations were over an argument between the deceased and his wife which led to the accused chasing the deceased and allegedly attacked him.
It was alleged that the deceased who was drunk came home and accused his wife of having an extra-marital affair with another man.
Prosecution alleged that the wife then went and told her father-in-law about the argument in which the father-in-law approached his son.
It was further alleged that the son told his father he leave and was walking away when the three accused attacked him.
They allegedly hit, kicked and then when he was on the ground they jumped on him resulting in him receiving injuries on his body plus broken ribs.
He died later at the Gizo Hospital.
Lawyers from the Public Solicitor’s Office are representing the accused men while the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions represents the State.
By ASSUMPTA BUCHANAN