The discovery of a plaster inside a luncheon meat by a family last week has forced many people to rethink about buying this product again.
This came after the news of the discovery hit the headline over the weekend.
The plaster for wound was found nicely tacked inside the meat by a group of children upon opening it to cook for their lunch when their parent was at work.
The discovery has raised concern amongst families who called on responsible authorities to deal with such issues and address it through strict regulations.
“We believed some of these imported foods are not safe for human consumption,” one concern man said yesterday.
Another concern father speaking to this paper at Gilbert camp yesterday claimed that some years ago, public have also discovered a finger nail inside the same product.
“In light of this discovery responsible authorities must ensure canned products imported from overseas must be properly scrutinized,” the man said.
Some mothers said, with the discovery it’s best to eat local food than those imported products.
Some families are reportedly quitting from eating the product.
The woman who brought the product to our attention last week warned the public to be careful when buying canned products.
By LESLEY SANGA