The Solomon Kings Football Club (FC) was on fire after successful completion of round 1 and round of the OFC Pro-League.
Since the official kickoff of the Pro-League, the Solomon Kings defense was like a brick wall, conceding just 2 goals in their OFC Pro-League campaign so far.
The team’s skipper and goalkeeper, Phillip Mango was having a stellar season, making some incredible saves to keep their opposition at bay.
In the latest matches, the pressure was on. But the Kings’ defense held strong, with Mango making a string of impressive blocks and saves.
The two-goals conceded so far, are from Bula FC and Auckland FC. S
olomon Kings conceded first goal when they went down 1-0 to Bula FC while their second conceding goal is when they defeated Auckland FC 3-1.
Solomon Kings forward, Jez Lofthouse beamed with pride as he shared his thoughts on the team’s performance so far.
“Our overall performance so far has been really strong, obviously we still got a lot to improve but I’m really proud of the teams progress so far, despite having long way to go,” Lofthouse said.
“I think the positives we got from our recent matches is the lack of goals we conceded and I can say that our defense is one of the best in the league so far,” he said.
“I’m proud of the hard work the boys have put in, and we’re looking forward to the next round of the competition.”
Meanwhile, with their strong defense and clinical finishing, the Solomon Kings were looking like serious contenders for the OFC Pro-League title as round 3 promises to be an entertaining round of the competition.
Round 3 kicks off next Saturday 21st February in Melbourne, Australia.
By FLOYD TERRY JNR
Solomon Star, Honiara









